Friday, August 27, 2004

"Piled Higher and Deeper"

I've linked to one of these cartoons before. Half the grad student in the building seem to have "Ph.D." strips on their doors, so it's not exactly a brilliant find on my part. But there are a couple I particularly like...

-Not as personally poignant as the others for me, but stunnigly accurate: graphs of grad student motivation and work output as functions of time.

-An all-too relevant one, given that my last-chance qualifying exams are on Sept. 15th.

-I would like to say that this disclaimer goes for me too...

-And finally, one that makes me wonder, "Does this guy know me?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad Mary! Stop reading comics! Go study statistics!

(Hrm. Maybe I should just write a script to email that phrase to you about seven every evening... yeah, that'd work...)

-AG

Mary said...

Yes. I need all the nagging I can get...