Thursday, June 24, 2004

Science and the Death of Traditional Culture

So I'm going to clear out a sort of backlog of thoughts I've been saving up for a few months.

A lot of those thoughts, which might have been blogged in bits and pieces if I'd had a blog a few months ago, I collected in an essay instead. Science and the Death of Traditional Culture.

It's about a culture war that I think people have forgotten, because the "culture of science" (a tough to define term) won it already. But it's important, because it explains a lot about how the world got to be the way it is. And it's interesting, because it happened so quickly, and so recently, and so dramatically all over the world. Well, you can read the article for yourself, if you're interested. I don't need to reproduce it here.

No comments: