Monday, November 21, 2005

Lunes Links

I haven't had any original thoughts this week, so you get some entertaining links.

Via Ken's dad: A dramatic optical illusion.

Via Making Light: The Grand Illusions Magic Shop. And the rest of their site, which has more optical illusions.

From the same source: How to Read a 12 Digit UPC Barcode.

From Human Under Construction (a blog I just discovered and now read regularly): Grover: the Muppet Behind the Myth.

And from my friend Carol: The remake of the Poseidon Adventure. Let me just say that as much as I love Adam Baldwin, he is no Gene Hackman.

If you've never seen the original, perhaps IMDB's plot keywords will give you the idea: "Capsize, Rescue, Survival, Underwater, Water Disaster, Christmas Tree, Tidal Wave, Heart Attack, New Year's Eve, Obesity, Escape, Ex Prostitute, Fall From Height, Sea Sickness, Self Sacrifice, Corporate Greed, Haberdasher, Mediterranean Sea, Renegade Priest, Swimming Underwater, Disaster Film..."

Yeah, I'd say they about cover it. If you go to their page, you can click on the words, and find other movies featuring, for instance, sermons.

Happy Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary,

I'm not sure if your email has changed, what with the whole marriage thing, but here's an article on CP Snow that you might enjoy. I remember you wrote something inspired in part by his 'two cultures' book, right?

http://chronicle.com/temp/reprint.php?id=7v2slzqg6rmwkwpj600hdznds106vmx3

Mary said...

I did enjoy it. I think I want to change my major to astro-dramaturgy.

And no, my e-mail hasn't changed. (Eventually it will, once I get a lot of paperwork completed, but even then the old one will forward to the new one.)